7/25/13

From Tito to Tata - A new manager for Barca

It is now official that Gerardo "Tata" Martino will replace Tito Vilanova as the manager for FC Barcelona. The Argentinean signed a two-year contract with the Catalans two days after Vilanova resigned due to health issues.

Martino is a rather unknown coach in Europe and it's no wonder since the man has never managed an European team before. "Tata" has made his name as the manager for the Paraguay national team and winning the 2013 Final Tournament with Lionel Messi's childhood club Newell's Old Boys.


Martino also has a long career as a player, he was voted Newell's all time best player by the team's fans.
Gerardo Martino was born in Rosario, Argentina just like Barca star Lionel Messi and many medias informed that "Tata" was Messi's first choice for Barcelona manager. Messi, however, later denied those claims saying that he had nothing to do with his signing. 


" It was down to president Rosell and the club. I said before that he seemed a good coach, but I don't have to explain anything. I don't know him personally, I've never met him. Not him nor Luis Enrique, the other one they've been talking about. I think he's a good signing, he showed at Newell's and with Paraguay what he's capable of. Hopefully he'll be good for us." Messi was quoted saying.

Either way I hope that Messi and Martino will get along well and with all these similarities that shouldn't be too hard. 



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog very much. I will recommend it to all of my friend. Recently I have found a website which sell official soccer jerseys at a very low price. All the fans should spend a few minutes to visit http://www.worldwidesoccerjerseys.com/

    ReplyDelete